3 Kasım 2010 Çarşamba

6 kanatlı metal türbin yapımı

Hi All

For some time I've wanted to make a slow running high torque windmill. After reading the work of Dennis with his 5 blade 100 series stator windmill, I felt a slow running windmill would work better for my low wind location.

Part 1. A 6 blade turbine.

The blades were cut from 250mm PVC pipe. Each blade is about 1100mm long and has the leading and trailing edges shaped like a airfoil. Tip angle is about 5 degrees. Making PVC blades is fun, well not really, its dusty and the PVC dust has a static charge so sticks to everything, I looked like a snowman and had to vacuum myself!


I dropped the tower today and took off the 3 blade turbine based on those reshaped Chinese blades. They did work well, but I wanted more low wind power.


Up in the air and running. They work great, quiet ( I was worried about the noise, but this set is very quiet ), and start up in virtually no wind.


This is the mounting hub, all lasercut steel. Maybe a bit of overkill, but its strong, not that heavy, and I will never have to worry about it breaking.


Big improvement over the 3 blade turbine, same winds saw 4 to 6 amps, where I was getting 2 amps with the Chinese blades. The stator is a 80 series 7 phase 3 pole, startup is about 90RPM for 12 volts. Diameter is 2.66 meters, thats as big as my tower will take before the blades start clipping the guy wires.

Part 2. Dual stator.

Well this will be finished next weekend, so stay tuned. But here are a couple of photos. The nacelle is again laser cut steel, so it all fits together nicey. Uses one of Trevs re-splined shafts.


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder